Monday, August 20, 2012

Kitchen RE-DO Almost Done

Kitchen Before




 


Here I took off the old backsplash.  Since I do not have a sink that is up next to the wall, I decided to cut up pallets, sand them and then attach to my wall with liquid nail.






Here is the backsplash done.

 





Here are my lovely builder grade cabinets. 





 

Now here is my cabinets painted Dove White by Valspar from Lowes.  I also antiqued the doors and drawers.  Spray painted the handles and hinges with Rustoleum Oiled Rubbed Bronze. 

We also did not have handles on our drawers.  So we did find the same handles as what was already on the doors.  I ordered them from Ebay in polished brass.  Once they came in, I sprayed them also with ORB











This is the breakfast nook.






Now here is the last thing I need to do!!!!  I need to purchase and install laminate wood floors.
Then I will be complete.
 
 

11 comments:

  1. Love all the re-dos in your kitchen, looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to do the exact same with my cabinets and backsplash. I was wondering if you've had any trouble with the backsplash since install that would make you not recommend doing the same. In my kitchen the sink is in front of a window so the pallet wood will be right behind it and I am concerned that the water might damage the wood. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chicly Shabby- I have not had any trouble with my backsplash. I did do two coats of poly just to help with anything that happens to get on it (Two boys and a hubby). Clean up has been easy. You could do a couple coats of poly with yours. Good Luck. Please send pictures.

      Delete
  3. Are all your pallets cut to the same length and how many pallets did you have to disassemble

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle, they were basically cut to the same length and then some lengths just depended on the space I needed them to go in. But I did try to keep the same length. I had 4 or 5 pallets that were Heat Treated.

      Delete
    2. How did you heat treat the pallets?

      Delete
    3. oh another question did you use brush on polyurethane or sprayed the wood before you placed it? yours looks awesome!

      Delete
    4. Hi Tin, no I did not heat treat the pallets. They came that way. If they are heat treated the pallet will be stamped with HT. I got my from the hospital I work at. Also, yes, I used a brush to apply the poly. Thank you for your comments.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is freaking awesome your kitchen is a dream love it xx

    ReplyDelete