Sunday, January 13, 2013

DIY Kitchen Island

 
 
As the boys get older and want to help out in the kitchen.  I find there is not a lot of counter top space left to use.  For several weeks, I scoured the stores and Craigslist trying to find a butcher block or kitchen island cart.  I could not find one that I totally loved and just had to have.
 
One day, I was going through different blogs and Pinterest.  I found a new blog that I just love.  Our Vintage Home Love  I just love Diana's style.  She had a kitchen island that her and her husband made from recycled Barn wood.  I sat there looking at my computer screen.....with my mouth wide open and eyes bugged out.  I was in Love.  L-O-V-E Love.
 
 
 
This is Diana's kitchen island.  Beautiful.
 
 
So then I of course showed John (hubby).  He loved it of course and asked if we could order it.  I said no, no ordering.  We are going to make it.  Then his mouth was wide open and eyes bugged out.
 
But since my mom would kill me if I would came to visit the farm and stole wood off the side of the barn, John and I just made a trip to Lowes.
 
 
 

 This is some of the pine wood we picked up from Lowes.
 
 

 
 


Sorry, I did not get any photos of putting the island together.  Had to use the help while I had it.
 
 

 
After I stained the lovely cart, we brought it in and installed the bottle cap opener, that I found at Target.   How cute.  Will loves to go to the store and get the glass bottle cokes.  Now he can open them.

 
Isn't she lovely......Isn't she wonderful.
 
Okay I will stop singing.


2 comments:

  1. So pretty! Love the color of stain you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Do you remember what color stain you used?

    ReplyDelete