Saturday, October 5, 2013

My try at Pottery Barn Knock Off Furniture

 
  
Since I have started playing around with all my DIY.  My youngest son Will ask me to make him a bed and desk.
 
So Will and I looked online.  Will loved the  Shanty 2 Chic Teen Bed , but for right now no headboard.  This is what we ended up with.


 
So Will and I took a trip to Lowes.  Will picked out all of the boards.  He was so excited.
 
 
Here is the basic box for the bed frame.  (Please do not judge our Garage floor.  It is a project for the somewhat near future.)
 








 
 
 
 
 
 


Here is the finished bed frame.  All stained and beautiful.
 




 

I will tell you now, when I was making the desk.  I did not take any pictures.  I was so excited making the desk and how easy it came together, I forgot to take pictures until the end.  I found the plans for the desk at Shanty 2 Chic .  I just love their website.

I am now "one cool Mom" according to my son.  I am so happy to make him smile.

 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment