Sunday, June 22, 2014

Lighting Up a DARK Bathroom



Years ago, before all my DIY.  I painted our half bath and the boys bathroom - Ralph Lauren's Suede Burgundy.  Why???
 
I am not sure.  In the half bath it is very tiny and dark.  It was a very neat paint treatment, but the longer it was on the walls, the more I just did not like it.




 


 
 
Fast forward to the here and now.  I have realized the error of my selections.
 
I repainted the half bath with Valspar's Cream in my Coffee.
 
I love it.  
 
 
I also added the shelves.  They were an easy build.  Thanks to Shanty2Chic.
 
 
 
 
 


 

 
 
We also added molding around our window.  I also took out our window sill and added a longer one.  My inspiration came from Funky Junk Interiors.  As soon as I saw her post about her Farmhouse Window Molding.  I knew I had to do it in this bathroom
 



 
 
 
I caulked and painted the window sill and molding.  I love it. 
 
I want to add crown molding soon.
 
Thanks for stopping by. 
 
 
If you want to keep up with all my projects, please sign up to receive the email alerts.
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment: